ALL INFORMTION ON THIS WEBSITE IS ACCURATE AND CURRENT AS OF SEPTEMBER 2020
To contact The Métis Nation of Greater Victoria Email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Métis Nation of Greater Victoria is recognized by The Métis Nation of British Columbia as the Chartered Community for the Capital Regional District. This community covers the Gulf Islands, West Shore Communities, and Port Renfrew to the Saanich Peninsula. The southern tip of Vancouver Island, the San Juan, and the Gulf Islands are the territories of the Lekwungen and W̱SÁNEĆ peoples. MNGV acknowledges, and offers heartfelt appreciation and thanks, to the Lekwungen and W̱SÁNEĆ people, past and present, for allowing us to inhabit this land. The purpose of Métis Nation of Greater Victoria is to do all things necessary to represent the interests of the Métis people in the territory of Métis Nation of Greater Victoria, including but not limited to:
• Re-establishing and strengthening family and community ties
• Offering access to Métis teachings through events and other cultural immersion opportunities
• Working toward the reconciliation of the Metis people and the Lekwungen people and ensuring a strong relationship exists between our cultures
• Providing a forum for an expression of Métis consciousness in the territory
• Promoting public and governmental awareness of the goals and aspirations of the Métis people.
WHAT IS METIS ?? https://mngv.ca/metis-information/
How to join MNGV
Membership Info Click here
Louis Riel Day at the BC Legislature
On November 16, 2018, MNBC, representatives from your community and the provincial government gathered on the front lawn of the BC Parliament Building to honour Louis Riel and our Métis Nation. We were joined by Minister Carol James as she proclaimed November 16th Louis Riel Day in the province of BC.
The official flag of the Métis was raised at sunrise to honour and recognize of the Métis Nation and this important day.
Changes to MNGV Office accessability due to COVID 19
Email us email@example.com to contact MNGV